POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : 3dstudiomax -> povray : Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray Server Time
30 Jul 2024 16:24:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3dstudiomax -> povray
From: Lance Birch
Date: 29 Sep 1999 21:39:33
Message: <37f2bf55@news.povray.org>
It's purely for fine tuning Ken.  Remember this is art, it doesn't have to
keep to the real world rules.

You might for example use it to highlight a certain object but you don't
want that object to cast a nasty shadow or some other group of objects in
the background.  It does happen, trust me :)

I've used this feature a few times now and it saves having to reposition the
light and then set up another one to light just another object.